Garmin now gives you everything for travel on your iPhone!
Garmin U. S. A. offers the best GPS navigation… even when you don’t have call coverage. Maps reside on your device, so you can look up addresses and millions of points-of-interest.
You also can follow turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions that speaks street names and automatically calculates a new route if you get off track.
You can plan a whole trip with Garmin U.S.A.
Everything from directions from your front steps to the speed limits and alerts, detour feature, Where Am I?, Exit Services, to the Address book integration and finish with the trip log. All with an intuitive UI (User Interface).
Garmin onboard navigation offers rich mapping and many advanced features, and I find it easy to use and understand. It includes Google Local Search, with red-light and speed cameras powered by Speedwatch.
If you have more than one destination, just enter their addresses into the trip planner with automatic or manual ordering.
Check out all of the included features:
• Intuitive user interface
• Maps for the U.S. (lower 49 states)
• Voice prompted, turn-by-turn directions w/ street names
• Millions of preloaded point of interest – Gas Stations, Restaurants and ATMs
• Quick Search shortcuts – common searched terms
• Integrated Google Local Search
• Place calls directly from search listings
• 3-D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with junction view
• Integrated Speedwatch red-light and speed cameras w/ user-generated alerts
• Detour feature for quickly calculating an alternate route
• Speed limits with alerts for most major roads
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact lat. and long. The nearest address and intersection and the closest hospital, police station, and gas stations
• Exit Services allows you to quickly see services available at exits along your route
• Trip planner for creating a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Configurable vehicle icons to customize what appears on the moving map
• Configurable map data field to show arrival time, time or distance to destination
• Route overview, turns list and turn-by-turn details
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and distance average moving speed, maximum speed, total trip time. Etc.
• Trip Log enables an electronic path of where you’ve been
• Super fast map drawing and panning
• GPS navigation even when there is no cell coverage available
• Continuous navigation during an active call
• Navigate in both portrait and landscape mode
• Real-time traffic information and fuel pricing are available as optional services
Coverge: U.S. (lower 49states), Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthelemy
Note: continuous use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life